Monday, April 21, 2008

The spirit of independence

Last month, the Bangladeshis in the Greater Sacramento area celebrated the 37th year of Independence of Bangladesh. The community put together a beautiful cultural show to honor the martyrs of the language movement and the independece war of 1952 and 1971 respectively. It was to remind us where we came from and more so to educate the newer generation who were born and now being raised in the US. The show was a success. Month long rehearsals and efforts of the participants and the volunteers paid off. I was the designated photographer as always. I really liked how the kids were having fun through out the event and at the end they were showing off the Flag of Bangladesh while the singers were performing the last score of the night. The song itself was legendary, I grew up listening to it. I wish I could write down the entire song in Bangla.

Here are a couple shots of the kids with the flags of Bangladesh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

About This Blog

© Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP