Tuesday, July 29, 2008

One Long weekend



.... and two beautiful weddings!!!

Saturday I drove up to Tahoe to second shoot a wedding with Doug Miranda. The ceremony took place at the Squaw Valley and the reception was right off of highway 89 by the river. The weather was beautiful up there! It was a stunning location for a wedding. As we all know, one cannot go wrong by picking Lake Tahoe for their wedding location.
(Pictures coming soon)

Then on Sunday I was at Fort Wayne, Indiana for my childhood friend Urmila's wedding. I flew out there and got busy immediately. We have been friends from KG school, almost all our lives. We have managed to build this unbreakable relationship that can only last forever. There was no way that I wouldn't be with her on her special day. It meant a lot to both of us. The wedding was a small one with the families only, held at the Fort Wayne Supreme court. Then we went out to a cozy dinner to celebrate the occassion.

I got back to Sacramento this afternoon and haven't had a chance to go through all the images. But I wanted to share a couple pictures from the pre-event blessings ceremony. This is a traditional Bengali event where friends and family of the bride and groom bless the couple before they begin their new life together. This is my most favorite event of all. A very colorful and a fun occassion to bring in the joy of a new begining.




A few from the wedding day of the cute couple Urmila and Gene -




No comments:

About This Blog

© Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP