Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year 2009

Part of being an Asian is growing up with superstitions. I was no different. I was told that what we do on the first day of the year have imapcts on what we do through out the year! So I decided to do a few things that I would like to do for the rest of the year.
1. I woke up late.
2. I ate breakfast.
3. I prayed.
4. I helped out a friend with her move(not that I only want to help people moving stuff, I will be happy to help with anything!)
5. I cooked Thai food(I'm not Thai, I just cook it pretty well).
6. I organized the pantry.
7. I talked to my mom and sister on phone.
8. I watched America's Funniest Home videos.
9. I had a relaxing time with hubby.
10. I blogged.

One thing I was not hoping for new year is to go through any sort of illness. I have been down with cold. I feel dizzy and light-headed. My new year started with stuffiness all over :(

To make me feel better I decided to post some pictures from my recent trip to Charleston, SC. I was in Summerville, SC(to be exact) during the holidays. The most exciting part for me was to visit the Magnolia Plantation. Jason took me to this beautiful plantation three and a half years ago and asked me if I would marry him :) Standing on a partially broken bridge with two baby alligators underneath, I couldn't say anything but Yes! We went back there during our trip only to find out that the bridge was collapsing and no human access was allowed. We ended up video taping and taking pictures of the broken bridge.


It doesn't look broken, does it?

This place has beautiful bridges!

Jason took this one. Isnt' this place amazing?


This is Spanish Moss. They are every where, hanging from every single tree in Summerville.

There was also a Swamp garden which we didn't go to. But there are swamps inside the plantation that we could walk by.
I think Magnolia plantation is the most beautiful place in Summerville, but you know I'm biased. If you ever visit Charleston, be sure to stop by any of the plantations there. You won't regret it!

1 comment:

jocko said...

Very scenic, like the spanish moss shot and the figure on the bridge

About This Blog

© Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP